Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Becoming Texans.....

Today is a rainy, nasty, stormy day. I thought I was used to these, having grown up in Washington. I even enjoy a good rainstorm once in awhile. When we first moved here, I laughed about (in my opinion) the overuse of umbrellas and winter coats when it started sprinkling or dipped below 60 degrees. Time for me to 'fess up.... I had to pick Jacey up from preschool today (only 2 buildings away from where I live). Ten years ago I would've sprinted over wearing a light jacket (maybe), grabbed Jacey, and we would've had fun running back splashing in the puddles on the way. Fast forward to today.... I, like a typical Texan, broke out the umbrella. Sadly enough, I didn't even use the umbrella to walk over to get her. I used it to walk to my car, got in and drove 2 buildings over, and then used it from the car to the door. To top things off, by the time we got upstairs Jacey was crying because her shoes got all wet. What has happened to us? In my defense I did have plans to go out and run some errands today, so I didn't want to look like a drowned rat. Still...... We are going to have a big wakeup call come December when we leave beautiful Texas weather to move back to rainy, cloudy Washington. Don't worry Mom and Dad, we are coming back. Just don't laugh at us when we use our umbrella a bit more than we did when we left!

2 comments:

Russ and Megan said...

This is hilarious Jenni. You are not the only wimpy Texan. I would have done the same thing. :)

Jen Demaris said...

Im still cant used to the idea of constant rain! Im SO wimpy and I dont think that will change!