
Our family is currently reading the Book of Mormon. We’re definitely taking it at a slow but steady pace, especially with a 1-year-old’s attention span and a curious 4-year-old’s never-ending questions. We have days when I wonder if anyone got anything out of what we read, but then we have days like yesterday when I know SOMETHING must be sinking in. I don't know if it's what the prophet intended, but it's something! I was busy in the kitchen, and Jacey was dressed all crazy, acting like she was running away from someone. Dan wasn’t home and Broden was napping, so I asked her who she was running from. She replied, “The Lamanites!” I asked her why she was running from the Lamanites, and she said, “Because they’re trying to steal my purse!” Then today she was playing again, dressed just as crazy but this time with fairy wings on too. She said, “It’s a good thing I have my wings on! Now I can just fly up away from the Lamanites and push them down with my feet!” Oh, how the scripture stories could have been different if Jacey had lived in Book of Mormon times!
No comments:
Post a Comment