
I was so grateful to be able to listen to General Conference this last weekend. I always look forward to conference weekend. Even though it's hard to listen as closely as I would like to ALL the talks while trying to keep a 4-year-old in the same room somewhat involved, (our family LOVES conference bingo!) it made me all the more grateful for a DVR! Thankfully, Broden slept through most of it. I've been going back listening to some of my favorite talks, along with some of those that I didn't catch much of the first time. I'm always grateful for the opportunity that general conference gives me to recommit to doing the same things I've been taught all my life, but I especially loved this one. I am so grateful to belong to a "living church" as Elder Holland taught us. I love President Hinckley. He was the prophet for most of my youth. He was the only prophet I had ever heard speak in person. I was grateful for the opportunity through attending BYU to hear him speak on numerous occasions. He was the prophet during every major decision I made throughout my young adult years. I was grateful for his counsel that always seemed to apply specificely to me. It was a wonderful experience to see President Monson address the church for the first time as a prophet and to feel those same feelings. I came away from this conference feeling very encouraged and inspired to do better. I want follow Elder Johnson's counsel to do my part to "stand with courage to safeguard the family" and share those same feelings of hope with others. I want to follow the example of Elder Wirthlin as he expressed genuine love for "the one" and his challenge to show more compassion. I felt a new love for the YW when I attended the YW general broadcast and listened to President Eyring speak. I want to always "walk in the light" and to remember the significance the choices I make today will have on myself and others I may influence. And I, along with every other young mom in the church LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Elder Ballard's talk. I love being a mom, and was grateful for the encouragement and counsel he shared.
1 comment:
I can't agree more with your sentiments about conference - what an amazing life we have as part of this church! Thanks for sharing your testimony!
Post a Comment