
Does someone look a little too comfortable?
Of course there were the slumber parties. The guest list wasn't very long, just Jacey and I. It's kind of a tradition whenever Dan goes out of town for a seminar that Jacey gets to sleep with me. I'm not usually a huge fan of kids in my bed, but I don't mind too much when he's gone....except I still end up with 4 inches on the very edge of the bed! It's great when he's only gone for 2 nights, but I started running out of ideas for slumber parties by night 3. You can only paint your toenails and eat popcorn so many nights in a row!

So Jacey was very excited to have a "real sleepover" (that ended before 11:00 that night), while her friends parents went to a halloween party. She decided it's very fun to have friends over in their jammies, have pillow fights, and giggle in bed. We'll have to put an end to co-ed "sleepovers" someday, but she sure had fun, even if there was no toenail painting involved.
The rest of our week was filled with an ongoing fashion show that Jacey put on for all of her stuffed animals, where she lined them all up on the couch, tried on every article of clothing that she owns, did her very own "runway walk" that ended in front of the full-length mirror where sure then determined if her clothes were still modest. She made a HUGE pile of clothes that don't fit her anymore. I was very tempted to tell her to just never lift up her arms and all her shirts will be just fine... at least until Christmas!

This is the response I got when I asked the kids to give me their best "We miss our Daddy" face. The missed him , I promise... they just thought it was pretty silly that I asked them to look sad in a picture!
Between fun little activities, preschool, playtime with friends, dance class, soccer, church, etc... our time actually went fairly fast. By the end of his trip though, we were ALL ready for Dan to come home. The kids had lots of fun decorating the door for his big welcome home! It's great to have him back, and I thoroughly enjoyed the following week where he (voluntarily, I might add!) took charge of both bedtime and getting up with Broden in the mornings to get his day going while I enjoyed some quiet time to myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment