
I realize everyone else has posted their Halloween pictures a long time ago, but I figured it was better late than never, right? This year was the year of mythical creatures in our home. Jacey was a princess riding a unicorn, and Broden was a dragon. We enjoyed a very festive halloween at the Weeds this year, complete with halloween-themed dinner and fun trick-or-treating with friends.

The whole clan, including one very uncomfortable dragon that insisted on sitting on his mommy's lap!

We were pleasantly surprised when we got there to see another dragon and a little knight waiting for us, keeping with our theme for the evening. We had a minor setback when we realized that Broden's costume was a little too small. A problem, I might add, that we wouldn't have had if he would have let me try his costume on him before Halloween night. His hood smooshed his poor little head down so he was like a little turtle inside of it. In fact, I was trying to impersonate him, and had a sudden sharp pain shoot down my neck that hurt so bad we had to postpone trick-or-treating until Dan could give me an adjustment.
Even though he wasn't happy about having to suffer through pictures with his hood on, he cheered up when we let him take off his hood to go trick-or-treating. I wasn't sure if he'd really know what to do, since he spent last year in the stroller and wasn't too interested at the ward trunk-or-treat. But Jacey and Nathan were excellent teachers, and Cody and Broden got the hang of it real quick. I loved seeing him push his way up underneath all the big kids at the door and say "Tricky Chee!" And while between the two of them Jacey definatly got more compliments on her costume, Broden was the one that made the stash this year. When we got home, Dan and I noticed that Broden's bag had almost twice as much candy in it as Jacey. Turns out the cute little ones who need the candy the least are the ones who everyone seems to favor. We had a wonderful time, the kids got spoiled, and they haven't even noticed that every day a grab a handful and throw it away. (Shh....no spilling my secret please!)
And the evening ends "happily ever after", holding hands and all!
No comments:
Post a Comment