Thursday, November 6, 2008

Boys...

Maybe it's just the fact that he's a boy, maybe it's just the fact that I've been super-busy trying to get things ready for our move and his play time has been a teeny bit less-supervised than usual, but Broden has made sure lately that I don't have any downtime. The hard thing is, after he does something that might just be slightly naughty, he is SO pleased with his accomplishment that that he runs to find me and pulls me to show me what he did. He looks so proud of his creativity, that sometimes it's hard to get upset. For example- Yesterday while I was on the phone with our movers he opened the fridge, found a bag of shredded cheese, carried it over to the closet, found the swim bag (with floaties, beach towels, etc) and dumped the whole bag of cheese in the swim bag. Then, you guessed it....he ran to find me and showed me the swim bag. I keep reminding myself that someday I'll think these little things are funny.

But then he'll do something really sweet, like this:



He lined up all of their stuffed animals on the couch, got the scriptures and "read" to all his stuffed animals. It was 5 minutes of peace and quiet, and reminded me of how grateful I am to be this sweet boy's mom.

No comments: