Thursday, October 23, 2008

What is wrong with this picture??




OK- I realize this is a very poor quality picture, but I had to take it to record what could have been a potentially HORRIBLE day! I should prepare you... this is going to sound an awful lot like an article from 'The Friend' (a magazine published by our church for children). Maybe I should submit it! :)

A couple days ago I got the kids out the door early because I had a million errands I wanted to run. I came home, fed the kids lunch, and was just getting ready to put Broden down for a nap when I stopped to check my email really quick. I looked down at the keyboard and saw that my diamond was missing! I sat there shocked for a minute, then frantically started looking around my house, tried retracing my steps, etc. When I stopped to think of all the places I had been that day, I finally realized that there was no way I could search everywhere I had been, and I had no idea when I even lost it. I remembered the story my mom told me one time about my brother losing his CTR ring and praying that he would find it. (Doesn't every LDS family have one of those stories?) I thought since my diamond was worth much more than my brother's green CTR ring as a child, and since it certainly meant more to me, I should probably follow his example. As soon as I finished my prayer, Broden walked over to me holding my purse and put it in my lap. I decided I might as well look through there. After I had taken EVERYTHING out, in the very bottom corner of the lining with all the lint and crumbs and other stuff that hides in the bottom of moms purses was my diamond! Talk about an immediate answer to prayer! I know some people could probably call that a coincidence, but I don't. The chances of my diamond falling out inside my purse when I had gone to Sam Moon, Michaels, Wal-Mart, checked the mail, picked up packages, etc are nearly impossible. My ring and diamond are now safely stashed inside 2 sealed envelopes until I can get it into the jewelers. So the moral of this story is.... Don't forget to say your prayers and GET YOUR PRONGS CHECKED! Oh- and insure your diamond... (that's next on my list!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is seriously just.... AWESOME. what a GREAT moment! LOVE that.

and thanks for the info! it's getting super cold now, but we'll probably use it next spring or summer!! :)

Anonymous said...

oops i meant this comment to be for jacey's experience, but it could go for your ring accident too! how crazy is that?!! i'm glad you found it!! :)

Jen Demaris said...

Wow you are seriously blessed to have found your diamond! That reminds me of a year ago when I lost mine in IKEA...never could find it but it was insured so we didnt loose any money on it! By the way can you believe you will be out of Texas in a few months? How is everything going!?!?