Monday, May 4, 2009

I am SO spoiled....


Mom and I in the Marriott center, waiting for Sis. Beck's talk
The "Daffer girls" reunion :) Linda, Joleena, Marissa, me, Mom, and Karah


My sister-in-law Natalie had a great idea last fall for us girls to all attend Women's Conference at BYU together. My mom thought it was a wonderful idea and was the one to make it happen. We were sad that it didn't work out for Natalie to come with her school schedule, but it was still a wonderful weekend. Women's conference was wonderful, of course. The speakers were all great and attending things like that always encourage me to try just a little harder to be a little better. Adding to the fun was the fact that my Aunt Linda was there with most of her girls (we missed you Em!) one of which was my college roommate at BYU. It was fun to be back on campus again, and I had major flashbacks to my own college days, especially being there with Marissa. We had fun laughing about old stories and funny things that happened. Racing to the classes that I wanted to attend before they filled up, taking all of my own shortcuts, and even eating at my old favorite restaurants brought back old memories as well. Most of all it was fun to have that time to spend with just my mom and I, something that we don't have very often. Thanks again Mom! I had the best time!

2 comments:

Ashley McNair said...

How fun!

Tanya Smith said...

THat sounds like so much fun. I've always wanted to go to Education week. Looks like you had a blast!