Sunday, February 8, 2009

Celebrating our favorite little man!




I can't believe our little guy is 2 years old! I am so grateful to be his mom, and we feel really lucky to have him in our family. He has been such an easy child, and if I could be guaranteed they would all be like him, who knows how many children we'd have! :) I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday, yet I have a hard time remembering what life was like without him. It's so fun to see him and Jacey be such good friends, even with the age/gender difference. We feel so blessed. I feel like he has started jabbering overnight, and he is so fun (and entertaining) to carry on conversations with. Other current Broden favorites include:
*When he wakes up (bright and early!) and wakes me up with his ever-so-cheerful "Good morning, Mommy! I'ant breakfast! Cer-al? I'ant to wake Jacey up!" At which point I jump out of bed and say, "No!!" I love Jacey's company, but she is just not wired to be a cheerful morning person like Broden, no matter how early she goes to bed. If she gets to sleep until 8:30, it's a great day for everyone!
*His prayers. One of the perks with him trying to repeat anything we say is that it makes him a very willing participant in prayers, and doing anything like us brings him more pride than his little 2-year-old body can handle. The smile he gives us after receiving compliments for saying a prayer is priceless!
*The simple things that bring him so much joy. One of his favorite toys right now is the real remote control that my brother sent him for his birthday. Such a smart gift... why didn't I think of that? Every time he sees it he squeals and says, "Ooh! My 'mote!" ...and everyone else loves that when he presses the buttons it doesn't do anything to whatever they're watching.
*Most of all, we are so enjoying watching him learn and grown and seeing the satisfaction that he feels in becomeing more of a "big boy". I love that even with as hard as he's trying to grow up, and the joy it brings him to do the same things as the older kids, that when he inevitably hurts himself trying to keep up, I'm the first person he runs to to kiss his owies. I guess I can let him grow up.....as long as I can still count on those little precious moments when he can still be my baby! We love you Broden!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

We love you Broden! I have really enjoyed getting to know him and giving me his flirty smiles, what a sweetie! I am so glad you guys came, thanks so much!

The Warren Family said...

Wow! Time flies! He is too cute!

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday, little friend! :)

Eliza said...

Happy Birthday Broden! It's crazy how fast they grow up!

Adventures in Petersonland said...

such a cute boy!