Stanley ParkShortly after we moved here, I was called to work in Young Womens again- in fact, it was the exact same calling I left behind in Texas. Well, when they asked Dan if he would support me serving in YW's he of course said yes. They didn't mention that there was an activity planned on Valentine's Day morning, a youth temple trip on Valentine's Day evening, and a hike scheduled for 2 days later on our anniversary. Not a huge deal, and they were all wonderful (except the hike, which ended up getting postponed) and I'm glad I was able to be there. But I didn't know he had something planned for the weekend before that. Luckily, he's a flexible guy and he changed plans around and spoiled me!! Thursday morning when I woke up he told me he wasn't going to work and that I had 2 hours to get ready and pack a bag. I thought we were maybe spending a night in Seattle, but as we were driving down the freeway and the Space Needle came and went, I figured out that wasn't the plan. We ended up going to Vancouver, B.C., staying in a cute little boutique hotel right downtown, did a little bit of shopping on Robson Street, had incredible seafood, and rented bikes to ride around the seawall at Stanley Park. It was the perfect 2 days, and as much as I love being a mom and being with my kids, spending a couple days just Dan and I was wonderful. Sometimes we joke about how our anniversary and valentine's day just kind of blend into one holiday, but now I think it's just twice as much fun!

Riding bikes at Stanley Park
No comments:
Post a Comment