
They looked so cute! Too bad I couldn't get a better pose!
We're so proud of our daddy!
Dan and his proud papa
Dallas and Dan...and of course Jacey had to sneak in the picture! Dan and Dallas hit it off from the beginning of Tri 1, and we were thrilled when he married Abi so we had another fun couple to hang out with! Many of our favorite Texas memories involve the Makins in one way or the other!
Us and the Hirschis. Eliza was a great running partner before we moved, Brent and Dan grew up 10 minutes away from each other (but never knew each other), Jacey obviously loved their kids, and Broden loved having a little guy closer to his age. How do you replace friends like this? :)Even as I post this a month later, looking at these pictures is kind of surreal. It's hard to believe it's actually over. Dan and I have been students our whole married life and I never hesitate to say how much I have loved it. Aside from looking forward to an income, I haven't been in any hurry whatsoever to leave that phase of our lives behind. We made great friends, we learned a lot, and life was relatively simple. Dan, on the other hand, has been working his tail off for almost 8 years, and I know he was looking forward to the end! We couldn't be more proud of him! He has performed an amazing juggling act for the past few years- many times spending 12 hours a day at school not to mention studying, seminars, serving at church, playing with us, and making sure the kids and I always knew that school was his 3rd priority behind us and the Lord. I know he was blessed for it. I know our family was blessed for it. He was such an example to me. Many times he went to bed on Sunday night before a 7:00 a.m. test on Monday morning that he hadn't had a chance to study for. Not because of a lack of preparation, but because there simply weren't enough hours in the day. He would do as much as he could during the week and on Saturday, but he refused to study on Sunday. He amazed me over and over again how he would always do well on those tests, and I know the Lord was blessing him for his commitment.
Graduation day was wonderful. It was such a happy time! The best moment of the day was watching my father-in-law be able to present Dan with his diploma. I was so proud. It felt like a very significant moment, knowing that Dan and his dad would soon be practicing together. I became so excited the more I thought about all the people Dan will be able to help through the knowledge that he has worked so hard to gain. Way to go Dr. Sillito!
1 comment:
Light... there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the uplifting glimpse into what life MIGHT be like for me in a year... a year? Ok, IF I make it that long with THREE KIDS?!?!? I'm a madwoman. Ok, I just need to email you. I've commented on approximately every post, but geez, you went so long without posting, so now I'm just getting caught up!
Post a Comment