First let me give you one reason why you should be proud of me. I have been waiting and waiting for a long time to know what we're having. Not that it really mattered to me since we already have one of each, but I've been dying of curiousity. I had an appointment a couple of weeks ago, and I was right around the time when they usually do "the ultrasound". Dan had the day off, and that morning he asked, "Are they doing the ultrasound today?" I didn't know. He then said, "If they're going to, call me and I'll come right over. I want to be there for it." I don't know why we were thinking that would work. We live on North Hill and my doctor's office is on South Hill. It takes a good 20 minutes to get there. But I asked anyways when I got there, and the nurse said, no... having your 20 week ultrasound is a whole seperate appointment at Diagnostic Imaging. Ok. No reason to call Dan. But then, at the end of my visit, my very cool doctor says, "Do you want to take a peek at your baby? If you can wait around just a couple of minutes I'll wheel the little machine in here." SO tempting. What mom doesn't want a peek at her baby? So of course I said yes. But then he said, if I can see the gender, do you want me to tell you? I answered with a very unsure "ummm..... no?" Luckily the baby was cooperating anyways, and he couldn't tell. But he did tell me I could call and make my appointment for my big ultrasound at anytime. So I called that day to make my appointment. Guess what? They can't get me in for 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS! So we went on our trip, came home, and today we finally went in for our ultrasound. It was a big production, and the kids really wanted to see the baby, so we hauled everyone in for the big reveal. I honestly had no preference what we had. Jacey, on the other hand, had a very strong preference. I was a little surprised she cared so much, since she is SO good with Broden, but she definately wanted a girl. When I asked her if she was going to be my big helper with the baby, she said. "I'll help you a lot if it's a girl. If it's a boy, Dad's just going to have to help." Whoa... So I was trying to prep myself for some drama this morning if we didn't get the outcome she was hoping for. I knew she would eventually love the poor little guy, but still.. The sonographer was very patient with the whole family in there, and Broden's never ending questions. (He was especially worried about the gel. "Why does mommy have gel on her tummy? Why does mommy have gel on her tummy?" over and over.) The ultrasound went good. Baby looks healthy, everything is right on track. After the ultrasound I took Jacey out to choose an outfit for the baby, and this is what she picked:

Yep, it's a
GIRL! Oh, we are so excited! I would have been thrilled with a boy too, but I have been online all night looking at cute little beanies, the bows that clip on them, booties, etc. Jacey and I went to Old Navy, Kohl's, and Babies 'R Us, where Jacey accurately observed that "It's hard not to go crazy with cute little girl stuff isn't it, Mom?" "Yep... sure is Jacey!"
10 comments:
So fun! Congratulations! Tell Jacey great job picking out the cute outfit!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you (and Jacey!) Not to mention a little jealous of course. I am going to have to figure out a way to come visit her and all of you. We miss you guys so much!
Oohhhhhh! So cute! How fun! I used to think I was built only for boys-and as you know, I do dig my dudes, but I love having a girl! And I DO go crazy on the girl clothes! :) Congratulations Jacey! :)
Wahoooooo!!!!! How fun! We are so excited for you guys. See you in a couple weeks
Jenni, so glad to hear the baby is healthy and well and to hear it is a girl!!!! I don't know, but everyone on the Sillito side is producing girls... how fun for the cousins. So excited to see you!
congrats!!! i, too am having a girl and am now 25 weeks along. girl clothes are so fun to pick out!
hope youre feeling well and getting excited! you will have to send me your address soon so i can make you a ton of hair clips, bows, and baby head bands! i have more ribbon then i know what to do with and my little girl is set for life with hair accessories!
Congratulations to all of you! Can't wait to see her! Do you have any names?
Congratulations guys! Shayne's going to be a little jealous when I tell her Jacey gets a sister! That will be so fun.
Oh- and I can't BELIEVE you actually were able to say no at the first little peek. And then to have to wait 2 weeks!
Congratulations! That's so awesome. I so want a girl for myself...someday, someday...Have fun!
Post a Comment