Monday, July 6, 2009

When the lights go out....




....the books open. There are a lot things about Jacey that I love, but one of my favorite things is listening to her read. She's been reading for awhile now- words here and there- signs, etc. I now choose stalls in public restrooms for her based not only on clean toilets, but also the least amount of writing on the walls. But lately she has really began to LOVE reading. I mean, to the point where she hides books in her bed at night and reads them when she's supposed to be falling asleep by the light of the hall. The dead giveaway though, is when she comes to a word that she doesn't know and starts sounding it out out loud. But really, what are we supposed to do- punish her for reading? I guess if it gets out of hand or keeps her awake too long we'll have to do something, but right now I love it. And obviously, from the pictures, it's not interfering with her falling asleep. The funny thing is, I remember hiding books in my bed as a little girl as well. I survived, so I'm not too worried about Jacey (although I was in glasses by the time I was nine years old....)

No comments: