Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Cheese Days!

I know people always chuckle when I talk about "Toledo Cheese Days" or how much I loved it when I was growing up. Unless you grew up in a small town, you just don't have the appreciation for how exciting it really was to a little girl. The truth is, I am thrilled to be close enough to home where we can go back to Cheese Days every summer. It was fun this year to see Jacey get so excited about the same things I used to love when I was little. I know it doesn't compare to the Daffodial Parade, but in my mind it will always be better. I loved small town life as a little girl. I know I'll never have that again, and that's ok, but it sure made some fun memories! Just a few Cheese Days highlights from this year....
Waiting for the parade to start....
It wouldn't be a true Cheese Days without tractors... or log trucks...
or clowns....
(on stilts I might point out. I don't think they were that fancy when I was growing up.)or ridiculously over-priced snow cones.....

or best of all.... the free cheese sandwiches. Yes, I made Dan wait in the incredibly long line in front of the Presbyterian church with me to get a nasty plain cheese sandwich. The look on his face says it all...



No comments: