Friday, July 17, 2009

The most AMAZING woman I know!!!

February 16 2001
What a lucky man!


No this is not our baby, although Broden would be pretty happy to take her.

Even more beautiful 9 yrs later!



A couple of weeks ago we were sitting in church and a guy in our ward kept saying really sweet things about his wife. Jenni leaned over to me and asked "I wonder what he is in trouble for". I want to preface this entry by saying that I am not in any kind of trouble at all. Ok, so maybe I am a little bored and lonely since Jenni, Jacey, and Broden all took off, for the last week and a half, down to Toledo to help Jenni's mom after her hip replacement. As a result of my boredome I was looking through many of the previous posts on here and I realized that the majority of the posts are about our kids (to be expected) with a few about me sprinkled in here and there, but very few if any about my amazing wife. I have never done this before and am not even sure if this will work but I have plenty of time so I will give it a try. 9 years ago last month Jenni and I met for the first time. She was beautiful back then but I think even more beautiful now. When we were first married I didn't know how I could love her anymore than I did right then, but now I can hardly believe how much my love for her has grown. There are so many things I admire about my wife so I will just pick a few. Jenni is an amazing mother. As I watch her with Jacey and Broden and see how patient and loving she is toward them, I realize the kind of qualities that I need to develop so as to be a better father. Jenni loves spending time with our kids, and it shows in the love that Jacey and Broden have for her. Jenni is one of the most selfless and giving people I know. She is always willing to sacrifice for friends, family, and her calling. I love how dedicated she is to the most important things in life and have learned that if she makes up her mind on doing something she will get it done (even if it takes her staying up all night for several nights). I love the simple moments we have together where one of us does something stupid and we both can just have a good laugh about it. Most of all I love her because she loves the Lord and is patient enough to deal with me and is a true friend. I love you babe!

6 comments:

Eliza said...

How sweet- you are amazing and beautiful Jenni!

Lisa said...

That was really fun to read, Dan. And you are totally right--anyone that knows Jenni is a better person. She is amazing and I miss you guys!

Courtney Alldredge said...

Awww Dan, that was so sweet and thoughtful you deserve major points for that!! We all agree you married way above you! (just kidding) we love jenni and she is one of the most selfless, dedicated moms I know. Tell her I said so. Love you both!

Tiffany said...

Big points to you Dan! And yes we all agree you did exceptionally well marring her. ~you're a great dad and husband as well. Love ya!

Tanya Smith said...

What a thoughtful husband. I have to say agree with you that Jenni is an amazing person. Miss her!

Kelli said...

what a great post and great pictures of Jenni.