
Yes, that is a tent set up in our living room. The kids and I had a fun little pretend day-camp at home last week, and the big culminating even that I promised Jacey was the camp-in that we'd have Friday night. We went and barbequed and swam with our friends the Priestleys that night for dinner, then came home, made smores in the microwave, popped in a DVD, and layed down in our tent. Not very adventurous, I know. But when it's 104 degrees outside, it's as adventurous as we get. Dan lasted a couple hours before he bailed out and slept in our bed after Jacey fell asleep. Broden was in his crib because he wouldn't fall asleep in the tent. So it was just Jacey and I. I can't say I blame Dan. I probably would have done the same thing, except I knew if Jacey woke up and was the only one in there, we would ALL be in trouble. So, I slept in there with her, waking up every hour because I was afraid my alarm wasn't going to go off. I woke up the next morning tired, stiff, and sore from sleeping on the ground. On top of all that, it was Saturday, which means a long run day. It was only 5 miles, which isn't super long, but longer than I have run in a long time! Abi was a good sport to keep my pace, because I'm sure that I wasn't doing that great. That's ok. It was worth it for a cheap, memorable evening of family fun!
5 comments:
Wow! So many cute posts - you've been busy . . . it's fun to read about your little family and all of your adventures, makes me want to go and do more :) Thanks!
Hey, so you just marathon-posted! Sheesh! I think I checked your blog a few days ago, but it still took me quite a while to get through all of your fun adventures. Particular favorites of the whole thing: the family camp-cute idea! I laughed at the talking-to you got from Jacey. She's right, you know. You really shouldn't leave your stuff out. :) Love Broden's pouty face, and of course, our pioneer day celebration. All fun!
Yes girls, it would be way to easy to post a little at a time, right? This is my little indulgence when Dan goes to play basketball Tuesday nights after the kids are in bed! Love the guilt-free computer time! :) I'm sure there's nothing more productive I could be doing, right?
Ok so I think I caught up on all your posts, wow that must have taken forever! I love Brodens pouty face, soooo cute. We are also going to do a home campout for the boys but it will be Todd out there sleeping with them not me. Looks like you have been having a great summer, miss you guys! Jacey is so grown up.
I love the tent in the living room! Great idea! You've definitely been busy! I think I need to take a few tips from you! :)
Post a Comment