Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Girls night out!


I had such a treat a couple weeks ago! We feel very blessed to have lots of good friends down here, and I'm grateful that I get to spend so much time with them. We usually don't have a problem finding reasons to get together whether it's getting together for a barbeque, play dates, having children involved in the same activities, etc. I was thrilled, however, when one of the girls decided that it was time for our husbands to stay home with the kids so a bunch of us chiro wives could go out and have grown-up conversation without chasing our kids around at the same time. It was so much fun. We went downtown, walked around the West Village shopping area pretending like we were shopping in stores that none of us could afford, rode the streetcar, went out to dinner, came back and went to the dollar movie theater. Great idea Sonya! Why don't we do this more often? I have to admit that I came home late that night and everyone was asleep, I was so tired I should have just gone to sleep. But instead I stayed up a little later and finished my yummy leftovers from dinner so that I wouldn't feel obligated to share them with anyone when I ate them for lunch the next day. Just one more little selfish act to top off the night. Initially I felt a little bad going out and leaving my family at home on a Saturday night, but after my little indulgence I woke up Sunday morning (actually mid-morning. My body's not used to these late nights anymore!) feeling much more rejuvenated and ready to tackle motherhood again!

No comments: