Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family Olympics






Ok, so I'm developing a bad habit of not posting after something really fun, despite my good intentions. We had a really fun ward activity a couple months ago. It was the "Family Olympics" I think it turned out so fun- great job to all my friends on the ward activities committee! Jacey looked forward to it for SO long. We got to make team t-shirts and a flag beforehand so everyone knew which "team" we were on. I have to admit that we stacked our team a little. Our good friends the Schaacks were moving out of our ward that weekend. Jacey has so much fun with their boys, so they were so nice to let us adopt them for the day. It was twice as fun to have twice as many kids who were all just as excited as the next. Everyone contributed something to our team. Dad had the most speed, and helped a few of the younger ones fly through the obstacle course with lots of laughs. Jacey and I were the cartwheel experts, and amazed everyone with our abilities. Actually, no one was that surprised that Jacey could do cartwheels, but my young women were AMAZED that I still could. How old do they think I am anyway?! Caleb was the team leader during the game where we had to fill the bucket using the wet sponge, and Jacob just might have been the most helpful out of the whole group. At the station where we had to sit down at a table and put a puzzle together, he conveniently sat on a piece that belonged to the other teams puzzle. Way to go Jacob! Broden....well, he had fun laughing at everyone else, but I think his favorite event was afterwards during refreshements when he kept trying to fill the laundry basket with wood chips from the playground. It was a great day!

No comments: