

Just as I was thinking it was time for me to find an excuse to spend some time with just Jacey, my friend Eliza called with the perfect idea. She was taking her daughter to see the play "Twelve Dancing Princesses" put on by our local childrens' theater. I don't think I could've come up with something that Jacey would have loved more. An added bonus was that one of my young women was in the play, so it was fun to see her perform. I didn't tell Jacey where we were going, but made sure that she put on as much PINK as she could, put a fresh coat of PINK fingernail polish on, and even put a tiny bit of spray glitter in her hair. This was a big deal, because I keep that glitter hidden in my closet and it only comes out on halloween when she dresses up like a princess year after year. (For obvious reasons, if you know Jacey AT ALL!) It was so much fun to spend some time with my little girl. She is such a good girl, and a huge help to me with Broden. When we got there and I told her what play we were seeing, she was thrilled. It was very well performed. I tried to get a photo of her mouth hanging open while she sat on the edge of her seat throughout the show, but couldn't get it. The highlight of the show for her was when we got cheap little tiaras during the intermission, and then at the end of the intermission when they let anyone who had a birthday during the current production season come up to be sang to. I don't think she realized her birthday was coming up (since it's still 2 months away) so that made the day even better. Thanks for making my day so fun Jacey!
No comments:
Post a Comment