Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mom...she's in my bed again!



Tonight was a first- We went through a fairly uneventful bedtime routine with the kids. Stories, scriptures, prayers, songs, and of course just before we leave the room, "Mom, could you just tell me one story about Jesus?" (Smart girl, what Mom is going to say no to that one?) Then we left the room and heard the normal giggling for the next 30 minutes. I even commented to Dan how much I love that sound, even though they're supposed to be falling asleep. Even though he's only 8 months, it's obvious that Broden LOVES his big sister, and she loves him too. He can't get enough of being around her. Even when she's in another part of the room, I often catch him looking at her with a HUGE smile on his face. She's great with him too. Eventually, the giggling died down and it got silent. I assumed they were asleep, until Dan peeked in the room to check on them. Imagine our surprise when Jacey's bed was empty, and Broden's crib had both children and every stuffed animal they own in it! Dan took her out, put her in her bed, and managed to hold his laughter until he got out of their room. Then, a little while later we heard Broden start crying, and sure enough she was in there again! I think Broden was just on the verge of falling asleep that time, and was not very happy about the interupption (as you can tell in the pictures!) That time we were a little more serious with her, took her out, and put her in her bed again. Ten minutes later we peeked in again, and Jacey's bed was empty. We were ready to discipline her this time, and went to Broden's crib and saw them laying there cuddling with each other. How do you discipline for that? We couldn't. We took her out again, almost asleep, and I'm pretty sure she fell asleep soon after in her own bed. I'm so grateful that, at least at this young age, they love each other so much. We've been blessed that Broden has been a happy, easy, baby, and we couldn't as for a better big sister. As much as I can't wait for the days of at least 3 bedrooms, I love the cute little chatter that I get to hear every night as they put each other to sleep. I love being a mom!

1 comment:

Jen Demaris said...

Thats a cute story! Cant want to have two too!