Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Jacey!






4 years old!!! I can't believe it! Sometimes when I'm taking care of Broden, I feel like Jacey was JUST there. Some parts of me are kind of glad that her birthday just misses the cutoff to start kindergarten next year. We're doing a preschool co-op with some friends this year, and she is loving it. I have to say though, that on the days she's not here I miss her! It's only 3 hours 2 times a week, but I've realized how much I really enjoy having her around. She's changed from being a little baby that I have to do everything for, to being my little daytime friend! I love that she can carry on a real (and at times, very entertaining) conversation with me; I love that I can always count on Jacey to tell me how pretty I look (even if it's a day when I know I don't); and I love that she will think we are the best parents in the world if we buy her something from the dollar store! I love how much she wants to please us, and how hard she (usually) tries to do the right thing. I even enjoy (to a certain extent) the humor that her little-girl drama can add to my day. OK- on to her birthday. We had SO much fun! On her actual birthday we were driving home from San Antonio, and the next weekend Dan was at a seminar in Houston, so we didn't have her party until last weekend, 2 weeks after her birthday. One day I was putting clothes away in her closet, and she came in there crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she replied, "it was my birthday and I didn't get to blow out candles". I thought she understood that we were having her party later, but apparently not. I felt very bad, but luckily she had a couple friends coming over later that day. So made a quick batch of brownies, stuck some candles in it, and we sang when the boys got here, and problem was solved. She REALLY wanted a princess birthday party this year, even though 1/2 of the guests were going to be boys. Luckily, they are all easy-going boys, and they didn't mind dressing up in the prince clothes that we had for them at the party, and the little girls all dressed up as princesses. It was her dream come true! We had fun. The wind kept things interesting at the park, but without it, it would've been way too hot. She had a great time, and the month-long birthday celebration is finally over. She is having fun telling everyone she is 4. Several times a day she will approach someone (hopefully someone we know) and say, "Tell me I'm 3 years old." When they say it she loves saying, "Nooooo..... I'm four!"

1 comment:

Jen Demaris said...

That looks so fun! I am glad you had such a good birthday for Jacey! Hopefully this last Birthday wasnt an omen of what future Bdays will be like for Carly, since she was throwing up all day! Jacey is looking so old and so cute! 4 years sounds so old!