Monday, October 1, 2007

Seaworld






We LOVED Seaworld! We're trying to find a reason to go back next summer, but for 2 days instead of 1. There was so much more to see and do, 1 day wasn't enough. Some highlights of the day.... definately the Shamu show! It was incredible! Jacey now wants to be an animal trainer when she grows up, so she can work at Seaworld and swim with Shamu. I can't say I blame her. Watching the show and seeing the trainers doing tricks and swimming with her almost made me want to do that when I grow up too! Jacey's prized possession now is her Shamu stuffed animal, and she sleeps with it every night. We haven't had the heart to tell her Shamu's a killer whale, and I don't see any reason to. I think she thinks that she's just a REALLY big dolphin. Another highlight was feeding and petting the dolphins. Jacey loved it, and was very excited when she got to touch one. We saw some other good shows, and went on some rides. Jacey surprised us all when she wanted to go on "Journey to Atlantis" which is a pretty big ride similar to Splash Mountain at Disneyland. She was barely tall enough, and Jacey's pretty tall for her age. The very last stretch of the ride is a huge drop that goes down into the water. It was her 1st ride of the day, and I was afraid she would be scared of the rest of the rides after that, but she LOVED it! She's definatly braver than I was at 4 years old! Eventually we made our way over to the water park, where we hung out in the wave pool for awhile. Jacey had fun diving into the waves and pretending to be a mermaid. Then Dan took her down a waterslide with him, and she liked it so much she told him she wanted to go again. They waited in line all the way up to the slide, and when he sat down and got ready to put her on his lap again, she refused and said she wanted to go by herself. So she did, and loved that too! It was such a fun day! I know I'm forgetting lots of other details, but those were the highlights. We played hard that day, and left the park tired, hungry, and happy!

No comments: