





Fall is here! Well, kind of. Does it count if you get excited about the high only being 84 degrees? And the fact that the overnight lows dip down into the 60's? I've had a gallon of apple cider in my fridge for 2 weeks now. I do this every year- I get excited because according to the calendar it's supposed to be fall, so I buy the cider with thoughts of it simmering on the stove with my cranberry mulling spices and making my apartment smell SO good. But then I just can't bring myself to do it because 84 degrees (in Dan's opinion) is simply not cool enough to drink hot apple cider. I'm actually kind of excited next year for "soup season" to start a little earlier. (Although we really just end up eating it year-round anyways.)
The clinic was closed Thursday-Saturday this last week, so we had lots of fun toting Dad around on our daily adventures. Thursday was his first storytime at the library, and Friday we went to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch. That has been a fun tradition that we've enjoyed every fall that we've been here in Texas. We don't actually buy the pumpkins there (we are students, after all.... and the ones at Wal-Mart are just plain cheaper!) but we still enjoy all the photo props, the bounce houses, and the hay ride. It is just about too much excitement for two little kids, and it was nice to have Dan there for an extra set of eyes and hands when Jacey and Broden were determined to run in opposite directions to check everything out. Jacey was even more excited when we ran into a bunch of friends there, and she spent some fun time with Caleb, Jacob, and Hannah. Jacob is Broden's hero (we really hear about him at least 10 times a day- "Jack-ob? Jack-ob? Where's Jack-ob?"), so Broden was excited too, and talked about it the whole way home. It was a fun day...
3 comments:
Fall is definatly my favorite season and I look forward to all that comes with it! I just had apple cider tonight at Tiff's, but while it is too hot in Texas it is snowing here so I bet you don't want to trade. I love seeing pictures of Jacey and Broden and how much they are growing and changing. We miss you guys! I say drink the cider anyways!
Oh sure, you have pumpkin patches in Texas but here in farming community, Rexburg, not a one. I really miss taking the kids to the pumpkin patch to see all the huge pumpkins and getting good fall pictures. Like Court said I pull out the cider last night and made pumpkin bread to go with it, yumm! Miss you guys, the kids are growing so fast. Love ya!
so tell me about the cranberry mulling spices...? what do you use?? :)
Post a Comment