Friday, June 29, 2007

HALFWAY THERE!




This week was a huge landmark for us- Dan is officially halfway through Chiropractic school! We can't believe how fast it is flying by. I'm sure it's going faster for me than him, although he is kept so busy that he hardly has time to catch his breath! It's so fun to think about how when we got married 6 years ago, just getting to chiro school just seemed like a dream. It is very much a reality now, and hard to believe that in a year and a half this part of our lives will be over. I can honestly say that I have loved (almost) every minute of this experience. A paycheck will be nice someday, but there are so many things that I have loved about student life. Life is busy, but fairly simple right now. We may not have a lot of money, but our kids don't know that, and Jacey doesn't know the difference between going to McDonalds for a dollar sundae or going to Disneyland. We have AMAZING friends! I know that chances are slim that we will ever be in a situation like this again. We are within walking distance in the same apartment complex as most of our best friends. We have kids the same age as many of them, and a typical day for me consists of getting together with several of my friends and going on a walk to the park, or spending the day at the pool together with our kids. Our ward is amazing. We are surrounded by strong people who have worked hard to achieve the success they enjoy, and we are so inspired by them. Our family has grown a lot in the short time we've been here. Being so far away from family has definately had it's challenges, but it has been SO good for our family to rely more on each other. We already have so many fun memories of our Dallas days, and part of me is grateful that we still have another year and a half to make many more. Seeing others graduate makes us excited for the future, and come graduation I know we will be ready to move on. But until then, we're just going to enjoy this experience, because I know we'll never have another one like it!

No comments: