If you live in Western Washington, you know that Saturday was the first warm, sunny, day we’ve had all year, so please forgive my picture heavy post. We had fun. We packed as much Easter festivities and time with friends in as possible. Saturday afternoon we got together with a few friends and had an Easter Egg Hunt in the woods behind our church. The dads kept the kids busy in the meadow while moms hid the eggs in the woods. When we were done, the little kids started coming in slowly at first..
Until the big kids showed them how it was done....
Unfortunately for Sadie, Mom made a rule that crawling children are not allowed to participate in an egg hunt through sticks and stinging needle.
After the egg hunt we sat in the meadow and the kids played and played and played. I love it when imaginations turn a pile of scrap wood into a make-shift teeter-totter.
Broden tried his hardest to impress Layne with dandelions throughout the afternoon
Sadie explored the seating area pretty thoroughly
Of course our Easter Bunny came, and brought slightly unconventional, but LOVED gifts. Broden liked his Costco pack of AA batteries. The poor kids has been bringing me a different toy every day for weeks asking me to "fix it". Our playroom is alive and kicking now!
Jacey loved her lip gloss among her other goodies.
Sadie just liked playing with empty eggs.
But our kids' favorite? I was so surprised. I was a little nervous this year, because we tried something new. We are not anti-candy, but I feel like every Easter we are just over-loaded. Because they had both already gotten some from Grandma, and I knew they'd get more at their Easter Egg hunt, we decided that our Easter Bunny wouldn't give candy. Instead, they got this:
hard to see, I know, but it was just strips of paper with special privileges typed out on them, rolled up and stuffed into eggs. Things like, "stay up 30 minutes past bedtime" or "10 minutes with mom" or "10 minutes with dad" or "choose what's for dinner" were a few. Oh my goodness. I hugely underestimated my children. They were so excited, and we're having fun doling out special privileges here and there.
Oh of course we dyed eggs, can't forget that! Actually some of us dyed eggs....
Others sat in their booster chair and said "CHEESE!" in a very demanding voice anytime mom would take pictures of her siblings and not her.
I didn't mind. Pretty hard to resist taking pictures when she's in a smiley mood!















1 comment:
Wow, looks like a fun hunt! We don't have much woods around here so that sounds like an awesome place for an Easter egg hunt! I think even though the poses weren't perfect, everyone looked adorable and cool and handsome. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment