Thursday, November 11, 2010

Backtrack for a moment with me.....

to Jacey's birthday party.  The only reason I have any pictures of this event is thanks to good friends who realized how completely overwhelmed I was.  I won't go into details, but lets just say I will never plan a chef party complete with make your own personal-sized pizza with 20 children, (started out with 8- our guest list spiraled out of control as more and more little friends at school started asking Jacey if they could be invited to her party.  I'm curious, how do the rest of you deal with that?) especially on a weekend when daddy is out of town for a seminar and I'm flying solo, combined with 3 days before a move ever again.  Yikes!  I have to take complete responsibility for the timing.  That probably wasn't the brightest idea, but I got so tired of putting everything fun off until "after we get moved" or "after things settle down" or "once we have a better idea of what's going to happen."  Those reasons already cost us our family vacation, a carefree summer, and I wasn't about to let it ruin Jacey's birthday too.  And I didn't really know we would be moving in 3 days.  Actually, I didn't even know if we would still be living in that house when I handed out invitations.  I purposely left the address off so parents would have to call me and find out where we lived, because I didn't really know where that would be a week in advance!



I will say that Jacey saved the day in one regard though.  I usually make my kids' birthday cakes.  This year when I asked her what kind of cake she wanted, she got this worried look on her face like she was afraid she was going to offend me and said, "Mom, would you mind if this year I had one of those cakes from the store with white frosting with pretty edges and colored flowers?"  Bless you, child.

No comments: