Have you fallen off of your chair yet? 3 days in a 4 day period? Today was a big day in our house. We officially have a 1st grader. Am I weird that I've been just a little sad all day? Don't get me wrong... I actually like this early morning stuff rather than school being a 3 hour chunk in the middle of our day. And there's a lot of things I love about having a school-age child. I like PTA. It's fun to have someplace to take cupcakes to on your child's birthday. Science fair was fun. We like the movie nights. I liked my weekly volunteer day in Jacey's classroom. But I was just fine with her being gone 3 hours a day. :) This all day stuff has me a little freaked out. I did the math and figured out that she's going to spend half of her waking hours during the week at school. What?? Don't worry, I'll be fine. It has actually been fun to play with Broden today. We went to the park, had a picnic, read stories, etc. I hope I did an ok job filling in for Jacey while she was gone! We met her teacher yesterday. Jacey's not sure if she'll like her quite as much as her kindergarten teacher, but I have no doubt that Jacey will do great. We're anxiously awaiting the report!
![]() |



2 comments:
Jenni,
I remember so well those kind of melancholy feelings when kids go to school. You wish they could stay little just a little longer. She looks so grown up. She is so smart, I know she will do well and love school. I even have some of those feelings still and my kids have been out of school for years!
She is so cute and grown up!
Post a Comment