Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Love it....

This post is a little late coming.  The story behind this picture actually happened, oh....7 or 8 months ago.  My favorite part about bringing new babies home is that for awhile everything just seems a little bit more peaceful.  I know there's all the other normal stuff that comes with new babies (adjusting sleep schedules, a tired mommy, lots of feedings, etc) but even with all that, it seems like they just bring a little piece of heaven with them.  Then, real life sets in, and it seems like things slowly get back to normal.  But, in a quiet room, with just you and your little baby those feelings still return.  So... picture dinnertime in the Sillito home with a 1-2 month old baby.  Things are slowly getting back to normal.  Broden is complaining about what's for dinner, Jacey's trying to tickle Broden to help him get in a better mood, Broden's not amused, he gets mad and sticks out his tounge at Jacey and in the process spits all over her, Jacey is SUPER grossed out (because we all know how she is about germs!) gets mad and starts crying, you get the idea.  In the process of all of the chaos Sadie gets startled out of her quiet slumber in her bouncy seat and starts crying.  Dan stops eating to take Sadie upstairs to put her to bed so she can sleep in peace while the rest of us finish our meal.  I finish eating, but the kids were still picking at their food in between taking little jabs at each other.  I decided that Dan must be having a hard time putting Sadie down, so I should probably go relieve him so he could finish eating.  I went in her room and Dan was sitting quietly in the dark just rocking a sleeping baby.  I told him he could go eat, but he replied, (still hearing muffled arguments downstairs) "I think I'd rather just sit here for awhile."  I couldn't blame him, so we sat together in Sadie's quiet peaceful room and talked about his day.  Jacey and Broden eventually realized that we weren't down there to referee, and chose to bring their argument upstairs where they could each state their case and wait for us to intervene.  When they came to Sadie's door, I said, "There is no complaining allowed in this room.  Sadie's room is peaceful and quiet and we're going to keep it that way."  Jacey got a thoughtful look on her face, and ran downstairs into her hideout. (The storage room under the stairs where her art supplies stay.)  I went on with my night, not really thinking about it.  When I went into Sadie's room later that night to go feed her, I found this sign on the door:




In case you have a hard time reading Jacey's bubble letters (a skill she was working really hard on at the time!), it says "No complaining uloud (allowed)"  I love this sign! I just ran across it when I was going through my box of the kids saved artwork.  Can I just make photocopies of it and hang them all over my house?

No comments: