
Nope, it didn't matter. Soft spout, hard spout, straw....he pushed them all away. We finally discovered that he would drink out of a regular cup. So, for a couple of months he tried our patience by drinking out of a cup we were holding, and pushing it away (therefore making it spill) when he decided he was done. Finally, last Sunday (at 15 months old!).......
Belle saves the day!!!
We found one he liked! We used to buy Jacey the "Tummy Ticklers" juice that came in these bottles when we went on plane trips, because they were easier. Then we saved the bottles because they made great water bottles to take to the park. Who would have thought that the ONLY cup Broden will drink out of would be Jacey's Belle cup. She actually has a Cinderella and an Ariel one that he likes too. I'm sure it has more to do with the fact that it's more like a water bottle than the fact that it actually has princesses on it. My next assignment from Dan is to go to the store and see if they still make these in other characters. Until then, I am proud to let Broden tote this cup around whereever he wants to. We proudly took it to church on Sunday, and I didn't even mind all the funny looks!
Look how happy his Belle cup makes him!
5 comments:
Jenni this is so funny! This is how we got Ayvri to GIVE UP her bottle . . . and was the only thing she'd drink out of for the longest time :) They make them in Winnie the Pooh too thank heavens for Dan. Broden is darling!
I so love it Jenni! I am so glad you finally found a solution to the sippi cup madness. :) Belle it is!
That's so funny! I'm glad you found something that works!
So yes, if you have not been to look for them, yes they do make the Tummy Ticklers in a variety of assorted characters. We have Toy Story and Curious George. I have seen Pirates of the Carribean and Clifford and Mickey and Minnie and Pluto. Lots of other options...but there is nothing wrong with the Disney Princesses. We heart Tummy Ticklers!
It's good for Dan's pride. I can't wait to finally meet Broden, he is adorable.
Lacey
Post a Comment