Thursday, August 23, 2007

Our first circus!




A couple weeks ago we went to the circus in Dallas. The summer reading program at our local library gave free tickets to any child that completed the program. It wasn't very hard (only a few books), so we took it a step further and told Jacey that they were giving circus tickets to kids who didn't watch too much TV, but read books instead. It was a great incentive for her to keep the TV off this summer! She looked forward to it all summer, and barnum and bailey definately didn't let her down. It was my first circus too, and I'll admit I was very impressed. Her favorite part was the elephant that did the headstand. She's very into imagination games right now. Her favorite used to be that she was a princess, and I was the prince that was going to marry her. I don't know how many times I've married Jacey. Since going to the circus she has a new favorite game. She is the circus dancer (they had dancers up on ropes way up high twirling around), and I am the elephant. I think I preferred being the prince, but I'm sure in a couple weeks she'll move on to something else equally crazy. It was a fun night. A late one for the kids, but Jacey didn't mind staying up a couple hours past her bedtime. Broden was a good sport too, and even though his first tooth broke through that day, he did great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys are so cute!!! how's everything going?! i'm so excited to see your family growing!!