We have a reader in the house!! I should correct that...We have one voracious reader and one up and coming reader! A few weeks ago I was looking at a book with Broden and it struck me that since he's known all of his letters and their sounds for awhile, there's nothing in the way of him reading. I got out some of the books my mom gave me from when she taught 1st grade (which we had never read), and selected Max the Cat. He sat down with me and read the whole thing (very slowly, of course) with very little help! I love all of the milestones. It's fun to see my babies, crawl, walk, begin to talk, but this is hands down my very favorite milestone ever! Way to go Broden! Sorry it took me so long to realize you could do it! Now what are we going to do for the next year and a half until you start kindergarten?
*Edit*
I snuck into Broden's room hoping to get a little clip of him reading to put on here. It is very long, because Jacey ended up recording for me, and well... he's just not the speediest reader yet. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment