Thursday, March 4, 2010
The best 3 months....
Is it possible to look at that smile and not feel just a little happier? We don't think so. We sure love this little girl! The novelty of having a new baby around our house hasn't worn off for anyone, even though it's been 3 months! She's doing all kinds of new cute things like smiling, cooing, giggling, etc. Since I haven't had much of a chance to brag on her with my lack of posts, here you go. Brace yourselves, because we think she's the best thing that has happened to our family since our other babies were born!
When is normal for a baby to start sleeping through the night? 3 months? 6 months? I was thrilled when Broden did his first long night at 8 weeks. Sadie was such an easy baby from the start. The most I ever had to wake up at night to feed her after we came home from the hospital was once in the middle of the night. I got used to that, and after a couple of weeks started to notice that when I would get up for her middle of the night feeding she was still sleeping pretty soundly. I could pick her up, feed her, and lay her back down without her even batting an eye. At her 4 week check up I mentioned it to her doctor, who gave us the go-ahead to skip that feeding and see how long she would sleep. Any guesses? 8 hours!! Do you know how happy that makes a new mom of a 1 month old baby? I will always love her for that. She's going 9-10 hours now. I go in her room around 7:00 every morning and she's just happily laying there. Maybe I am kind of tired so I stay in bed an extra half hour? I go in at 7:30 and she's still happily laying there. Wednesdays are crazy for us because Jacey, who usually has afternoon kindergarten, has to be at the bus stop by 7:45. I usually don't get around to getting Sadie up until after I get back from the bus stop and had a quick good-morning chat with my neighbor at about 8:00. I go up to Sadie's room, and she's still happily laying there. After her first morning feeding she gives me drunkenly delirious smiles after she's done as her way of thanking me.
She doesn't reserve all of her smiles for me, though. Jacey can get her to laugh better than anyone else. Our affectionate little Broden hugs and kisses Sadie almost as much as he hugs and kisses me (which is a lot!). He squeezes a little too tight for my comfort level sometimes, but she just lays there without complaint. She takes a binky. She has no problem drinking from a bottle. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. I could have lots and lots of babies if I could be guaranteed they would all be like Sadie. Then I have to ask myself if I really want to parent lots and lots of toddlers. Still fun, but much more exhausting. For now we'll just really, really enjoy this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
what a little cutie pie! they all are so adorable!
jenny she is the cutest!!! such a little sweetheart! hope you guys are doing great! love your kids! they are all just so precious!
I just love that little girl already and am so glad you got an easy baby. She is so sweet and adorable and I am so glad I got to see her and hold her. I love your kids and you guys too!
OOOOHHHH, how cute is she!!!!! What a doll. Sure wish i could visit and hold her for myself. Miss you guys!
Um, okay, Jenni, your kids have a "brand." They all look SO SIMILAR! CUTE as can be, every one of 'em. :)
So, has the Super Saturday happened? I'm anxiously waiting to hear how it went. :)
Post a Comment