Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tough boy


Last week I took Jacey to soccer practice. After they started I took the other kids (Broden and her our friends Caleb and Jacob) over to the toys to play. Broden lost interest in the toys after awhile, and went to sit down on the concrete edge to the playground. I was close enough to be able to see him, but not right there with him. I saw another little boy, about 8 or 9, walk over to him and start touching his legs. Finding that odd, I went over to see what was going on. When I got there, the boy said, "He has ants all over him." I looked down and saw that Broden was sitting on top of an ant pile full of fire ants! I got bit by fire ants a couple of weeks ago, and had to bite my lip not to scream. Broden just looked at me, then looked down at his legs and said, "Ehh.." Way to go Broden, for being tougher than your mom!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

He is a tough guy. I know Tay would be screamin bloody murder if she even saw aunts crawling on her let alone biting her. I had the same problem keeping Tay off the field when Ryker was playing so I know what a handful that is. We can't wait till we can see Broden more often so we can get to know him better. (sorry it keeps posting me as Tiff)
Courtney