While our family generally sticks pretty close to home (unless we're going to visit family), we have a couple fun trips coming up that we're really excited about! I have been doing a bit of running lately, and decided that I was ready to look for another race to do. (Disclaimer: I am NOT a competitive runner, nor will I ever claim to be. I just love having a goal to work towards, and tend to be more consistent if I have already invested some $$ in an upcoming race.) Saturday races are hard to find, but I was excited to find 2 in October. One was in Tyler, TX (closer, but not as exciting), and one was at South Padre Island, TX (farther, but definately more exciting!). The responsible side of me was going to stick with Tyler, but after I heard it was a hilly course and after finding a friend that was willing to make the trip with me to SPI, we decided to be adventurous. So it's official.... I finally registered for the South Padre Island Half-marathon beach run. I've been wanting to do a beach run on the gulf coast since moving down here, and this seems like a great time! Most of the run is done right on the beach along the Gulf of Mexico. Doesn't it look beautiful? Sadly, Dan won't be able to make the trip with us. As much as he would love to take a trip down to the gulf coast, he got some great news yesterday.....

He was selected to take a trip down to Venezuela with Parker! We have been crossing all of our fingers and toes (not to mention a LOT of prayers!) for a long time that he would have this opportunity. He will be gone for a week with the vice-president of the school and one other student. They will be traveling around the country treating professional baseball players. He is so excited for the opportunity to travel, see new places, treat atheletes, and especially to fulfill some more requirements. He will receive a significant amount of adjustments, which at this point is a huge blessing for us. He will leave for Venezuela on a Monday, and the rest of us will probably leave on Thursday to drive down to SPI. We wouldn't want to make things to easy on ourselves, would we? :)
4 comments:
Hey, that's awesome, you guys! Fun trip to Venezuela (provided that you don't get abducted by some undercover guerilla group, of course :).
Good for you, you running maniac!
So what on earth are you going to do with your kids while you run? Jogging stroller? :) Do you want to bring them over? Let me know!
Both trips sound like fun, running on the beach, and not after a run away kid. Ok really just the beach part sounds fun to me. : )
And congrats Dan! That's really exciting, and of course are so proud of him. Can't wait to hear how both trips go. Love you all!
Yea for Dan and Yea for running!! :) I'm still trying to make the SPI thing work so I can run it with you guys...but we'll see.
That is so awesome about Dan going to Venezula. And, Jenni, you are going to rock the race. I always admired your running talent and discipline!
Post a Comment