Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Girls Camp

One of our older girls organized an intense game of water balloon capture the flag. Don't we look tough?

How could I not feel loved with a welcome like that?


I got to go to Girls Camp last week! It was my first time without my kids in a very long time. Even though I missed them like crazy, after I got used to not looking around for them every 5 seconds I had a great time! BIG thanks to the Schaacks and Hirschis for letting Jacey spend nights at their house. EXTRA BIG thanks to Dan for making an adventure out of what could have been a very simple trip for him. (That's a whole other post....)

Anyways, back to camp. I'm sure most of you have heard me talk about "camp" before. Summer camping in Texas is unique. More like non-existent. We had air conditioning. We stood around the flag pole every morning and night just long enough to do the flag ceremony, then everyone raced into the air-conditioned pavilion where we did the rest of our daily activities. One of the 13-year-old girls put it perfectly when she said, "It's not really camp. It's more like a spiritual sleepover with some camping activities." Well put. So I won't bore the rest of you with details of something that you really have to be there to truly experience. I love our young women. We had so much FUN, and enjoyed some other experiences that made us feel closer to each other.

No comments: