Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I was sitting at church today thinking about how grateful I am for all of the "fathers" in my life. I feel very lucky to have a patient, easy-going, wonderful dad. I can honestly say that I can't remember him EVER raising his voice at me. I think that is amazing. Yes, I am the baby and also the only girl. And I know I was a good girl, but come on, I wasn't THAT perfect! :) I'm also grateful for a wonderful father-in-law who is doing so much, especially right now having been down the chiropractic school road before, to support and encourage us in everything we do. It's a good thing I like him, because Dan wants to be just like him! I think that's great! I am especially grateful for Dan. It amazes me how a busy student with many other responsibilities can make us feel like he ALWAYS has time for us. I know that many times the greatest sacrifice he can make for our family is just sharing his time with us. I know that he has school stresses that he doesn't bring home with him, and I'm grateful that no matter what he has to think about at school he is able to come home and play. I'm grateful for the support he shows me. I'm glad that he is so supportive of me staying home with our kids. He supports me in my calling, even though it can be time-consuming and mean more work for him while I'm at YWs. I'm grateful that he's willing to take Broden on a trip from TX to Canada to attend a wedding so I can go to Girl's camp this week. I know it won't be a very toddler-friendly trip, with long plane rides (including a red-eye), long layovers, and many hours in a car. If that's not supporting me in my calling, I don't know what is! He gets excited for me when I get to spend time with my girlfriends, and encourages me to spoil myself once in awhile. I love you Dan!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

All the Sillito kids are great but Dan has really grown into quite the man/father. You are very blessed and I am happy for you and your sweet little family. Cant wait until you all move back.