I call this Broden's "mom-you're-ruining-my-life" face. He wasn't happy that I took away the marker he found, even though he just scribbled all over the floor. Lucky for me it was a dry-erase marker. Now that we know he can get the lids off by himself, we keep them out of reach!
Broden loves it when Jacey forgets to put the lid back on the tote with all of her art supplies (see above). If he can't get to markers, glue sticks will do. Apparently this one tasted pretty good.
Does someone look just a little guilty? He loves trying to be just like his Dad, and apparently this is something he sees often. (because I hardly EVER spend time on the computer..... haha)
"I wonder what happens if I open the cover of the printer and stick my hand in it?" He discovered that it makes a really cool beeping sound. Good thing the one he can reach is our color printer that we don't use very often. We've learned to just leave it turned off.
"You didn't really want all these school books, papers, and CD's in this cupboard did you Dad?" We're still looking for a solution to this one, short of taping it shut. Any other ideas?
He also thinks it's pretty fun to climb onto Jacey's nightstand and get into her jewelry box. We've learned to take the play lipstick out of the jewelry box and put it in the bathroom out of reach!

Broden, for the most part, is incredibly happy and patient. He doesn't even bother me for food if he's hungry and I'm busy at the moment. He just helps himself!
So...I guess my point is this.... When bedtime comes, I'm exhausted! As soon as I sit down to take a breath I look around to see where he is. If he's not by me, I know I should probably go check. As busy as he keeps me, I wouldn't have it any other way! He is such a joy and brings so much fun and laughter to my day. I am grateful for Jacey's help. She's my little informant, and poor Broden doesn't stand a chance. (We're working on that one!) I forgot what a fun age this is. All the extra work is worth it when he gives me hugs and kisses!
No comments:
Post a Comment