Jacey starts 1st grade in 3 days, so I guess it's about time for a post about her Kindergarten year, right? I've had my reasons for my lack of posts, which I won't bore you with. One of these days I'll go into more details about what's been consuming my whole summer. But for now, let's talk about Kindergarten.
 |
| Jacey was a pony in her Kindergarten Circus. How fun! This was a quick pre-circus shot with Jacey and a few of her favorite gal pals. |
 |
| The bus. Oh, how we loved the bus! |
 |
But not as much as we loved walking to school. This is the trail that goes from our house to the school. Well, almost. We just have to cross the street to get to one end of this nice paved trail, and the other end takes us right to the softball field complex right by her playground. Since she had afternoon kindergarten, we loved walking to school on nice days. Too bad we just didn't have more of those nice days.
Our favorite part of the year by far was Jacey's teacher. We loved Mrs. Garrett! I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of Jacey with her. I might have to take Jacey to school early one day to sneak in and get one. I was a little nervous at the beginning of the year, because I could tell from talking to others that the other teacher had a reputation for being a little bit more warm and fuzzy. I couldn't be more thrilled with the teacher we had though. Having a September birthday combined with the fact that Jacey had loved reading and playing "school" for awhile before Kindergarten started contributed to a lot of the Kindergarten curriculum coming very easily to Jacey. Mrs. Garrett was so good to give compliments without going over the top. She made sure that Jacey had extra stuff to do even when it meant more work for her. She encouraged her, but expected a lot. She made her feel special. As the end of the year drew near, Jacey wanted to do something special for Mrs. Garrett, so we came up with this little book. (The green polka dot page is actually the last page.) We can only hope that her next teacher is just as good!
| | | | |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment